The Bay of Islands Hospital is located in Kawakawa and provides care to the people of the Bay of Islands and the Mid North.
The 23 bed hospital provides comprehensive medical and paediatric services with all
the supporting services and also provides a substantial community health service.
- 15 bed inpatient ward (a mixture of general medicine & paediatric beds)
- Four post-natal beds with two delivery suites
- Four-bed Accident and Medical Department – this service is not a walk in Emergency Department
- Radiology and Laboratory services
- 8 station satellite haemodialysis unit (a support service to the Whangarei Hospital renal service)
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Outpatient Clinics
- Community Health Services including Paediatric Outreach Services, Diabetes, Community, Nursing, Public Health and Social Work
|Bay of Islands Hospital
Hospital Road, PO Box 290, Kawakawa
Ph: +64 9 404 0280
Fax: +64 9 404 2851