Kia ora Koutou, Welcome to our online booking portal for B4 School Check
He ōhanga wairua he puna tangata - Tupuna chose the nest that will grow and nurture the wairua. Whānau are essential to the individual’s wellbeing. The individual is essential to whānau wellbeing.
What’s a B4 School Check?
The B4 School Check is a free comprehensive health and development check for all 4-year-olds. It aims to promote health and wellbeing and identify behavioural, developmental or other health concerns that may affect your child's ability to learn at school. Our aim is for tamariki to get the best start at school and to be able to participate to the best of their ability and receive additional support if needed.
The B4 School Check is carried out by a Registered Nurse. It takes about 45 minutes and covers the following:
• General questions about your child's health and development
• Assessment of social and emotional strengths and difficulties
• Measurement of Height and Weight
• Vision and Hearing tests
• Oral Health assessment
• Review of Immunisation status.
It is ideal to have your child checked when they turn four so any additional support can be arranged before your child starts school.
How to book a B4 School Check?
To be eligible for a B4 School Check your child will be between 4-5 years old and reside in Northland.
Northland District Health Board offer B4 School Check in the following locations: Whangarei, Kerikeri, Bream Bay & Kaitaia.
To book at one of these clinics click here:
If you would prefer to book a B4 School Check with your Tamariki Ora provider, you can free phone 0800 24 24 325 for the Northland B4 School Check Coordinator or contact your Well Child/Tamariki Ora Provider:
• Coast to Coast - 09 423 8086
• Dargaville Te Ha - 09 439 3013
• Otangarei Te Hau Awhiowhio - 09 437 3045
• Ngāti Hine Health Trust (Whangarei) - 09 430 2386
• Ngāti Hine Health Trust (North) - 0800 737 573
• Broadway Health - 09 401 1556
• Hokianga Health - 09 405 7709
• Te Hiku Hauora - 09 408 4024
• Whakawhiti Ora Pai - 09 409 7880