If you can work from home and need access please read the following steps you need to follow:
1. If you have your own computer at home, please use this in preference to requesting a new device due to supply constraints
2. To start using Zoom you will need to Sign Up to create an account. You can do this straight away and start using Zoom for FREE. https://zoom.us/signup
3. You can download Zoom software for PC/Mac at this link https://zoom.us/download
4. The Zoom Mobile app is available from your Play/Apple store and is FREE
5. If you are using Zoom for clinical purposes, hosting meetings or require meeting duration to be longer than 40 minutes you may be eligible to upgrade to a ZOOM Pro license. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. There are lots of great tips available on the Zoom Support Intranet Portal (once connected via Citrix) https://ha.hanz.health.nz/Pages/Zoom.aspx
7. NOTE: Zoom calling DOES NOT work within Citrix. It is recommended that you open Zoom BEFORE you log onto Citrix or use an alternate device for your Zoom call (computer/tablet/smartphone)
8. Ensure you have set up your Dual Shield Access BEFORE you leave the campus (attached instructions). You will be asked to provide authentication questions and answers and/or a mobile phone number.
9. If you have your own device or a new DHB laptop and have never logged onto Citrix before you must bring your device into the DHB campus and do this BEFORE you leave the campus. Your computer must be connected to the network by a patch cable not connected by WiFi.
10. When you get home, complete the attached instructions to connect to the Citrix Gateway and validate your access is working
11. Check the applications on the desktop to make sure you have the right applications you need to do your job
12. If you have any trouble with getting onto Citrix or if applications are missing, please email the helpdesk using the words “COVID 19” in the heading (email@example.com) or phone ext 7469. Please phone ONLY if you don’t have email access (they may not be able to answer immediately)
13. If you require any other IT related assistance related to COVID 19, please email the IT Response Team at covid19ITRequests@northlanddhb.org.nz
healthAlliance are currently negotiating technical IT community support for those of you who cannot come back into the DHB to set up your remote access or are having issues. We will keep you posted with details as they come to light.
1. Use Outlook Web Access rather than using Outlook via Citrix, here is the link https://webmail.hanz.health.nz
2. “Get on then get off” – if you have done what you need to and don’t need to be logged in, logging off will release bandwidth and licences for those performing clinical functions